How can the unknowledgable lead?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. (Hosea 4:6)
Hosea says clearly that nobody who rejects the knowledge God has provided for them is accepted as a priest to His people. I was provoked by this verse mostly due to the fact that my wife has been wanting a child since pretty shortly after we were married, and I too have wanted one. But mostly financial worries have prohibited us from having a child as of yet. But this verse has convicted me. God spoke through Hosea saying "I will also forget thy children." 0_0;

I know I need to be the spiritual leader of my household. My wife would not have married me if she couldn't trust me as such. But I also know that I am lacking of the knowledge of the Lord. There have been many times when I've rejected time I could spend with the Lord, gaining His knowldege that He wants to give me and equip me with, by playing games, idling about, or being actively ignorant to my need of Him. I have been, at those times, choosing to destroy myself. Though I can rest assured that I have salvation of my sins through Yeshua's sacrifice and ressurection, if I continue to destroy myself spiritually by rejecting the knowledge and wisdom God wants me to ask for, my children will be in danger of being forgotten by the Lord.

However:
On that night God appeared to Solomon, and said to him, “Ask! What shall I give you?” And Solomon said to God: “You have shown great mercy to David my father, and have made me king in his place. Now, O LORD God, let Your promise to David my father be established, for You have made me king over a people like the dust of the earth in multitude. 10 Now give me wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people; for who can judge this great people of Yours?”
Then God said to Solomon: “Because this was in your heart, and you have not asked riches or wealth or honor or the life of your enemies, nor have you asked long life—but have asked wisdom and knowledge for yourself, that you may judge My people over whom I have made you king—wisdom and knowledge are granted to you; and I will give you riches and wealth and honor, such as none of the kings have had who were before you, nor shall any after you have the like.” (2 Chronicles 1:7-12)
God offers and grants those who with the option to choose anything for God to grant them, who choose knowledge and wisdom everything. Through faith my salvation is assured. Through faith the forces of Satan are set at bay. Through the application of God's knowledge and wisdom, using His Word, Satan and his forces are destroyed and rebuked!

... above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints... (Ephesians 6:16-18)
"The sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God." Taking God's written word (the bible) and applying it through the Holy Spirit is the weapon we as Christians wield. If we simply wield the bible alone, and seek not God's knowledge and wisdom, but yet reject it, we become those who are not fit to lead, to be of the priesthood. I believe the term "Bible-thumper" is derived from such persons. Solomon wasn't blessed with honor, wealth, and glory above and beyond all kings before him, and all kings to come after him because he chose something, anything, other than God's knowledge and wisdom. God gave him the chance to tell Him what his heart really was after, and he proved to God that his heart was after God's heart. Much like David was called "a man after My own heart" by God (Acts 13:22). God has always appointed only those whom are those after God's own heart to be priests, ministers, leaders, elders, and shepards.
“Return, O backsliding children,” says the LORD; “for I am married to you. I will take you, one from a city and two from a family, and I will bring you to Zion. And I will give you shepherds according to My heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding.
"Then it shall come to pass, when you are multiplied and increased in the land in those days,” says the LORD, “that they will say no more, ‘The ark of the covenant of the LORD.’ It shall not come to mind, nor shall they remember it, nor shall they visit it, nor shall it be made anymore. (Jeremaiah 3:14-16)
So lets seek the Lord's heart alone. From His heart He will pour out His love and grace upon us, and if we make our free decision to accept His Son, Yeshua the Messaiah of all, then eternal life shall also be given to us. After receiving His Son, we will be baptised in the Holy Spirit (Matthew 3:11, Mark 1:8, Acts 1:8, Acts 2:1-47). Through the Holy Spirit, and earnest seeking of God's knowledge and wisdom of His Word, God will grant us the knowledge and wisdom to fortify our own faith in Yeshua, our God, and fight back against the attacks of the enemy (as opposed to simply defending yourself against them).

Gain salvation through faith in Yeshua (Christ Jesus), then receive the Holy Spirit through faith, the seek God's heart for His knowledge and wisdom, then apply it for His Holy Kingdom, and to free others from Satan's grasp and protect those of your flock from his attacks when they are too weak. "I will give you shepherds according to My heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding," says the Lord. Remember what a shepherd is: "One who herds, guards, and tends." (dictionary.com) It takes a lot to become a shepherd, but we should all desire the place of service that is respected to the shepherds God has placed in our lives. Be sure to strengthen yourselves to not be lead astray by those who pretend to be shepherds, but a really driven to steal you away from your true shepherd, Yeshua.

I pray Lord God that you will bless those who read these words to discern through your Holy Spirit for themselves the validity of what is written here. I pray that those who don't know you, or the sacrifice of your only begotten Son for our sins may be lead to learn more about you. Lord, through that I pray that their hearts will open to you and may they eventually come to accept you as their personal savior from their sins, and have their names written in your Book of Life for all eternity. Yeshua, please bless me as I strive to seek and learn your knowledge, and receive your wisdom to become a shepherd for all those you deem to put under my care. May you prepare my heart, my soul, my mind, and my life to become a good righteous father in your due timing. Lord, I trust into your hands all that I am, all that I have, and all that I do. Bless all those who would seek you, and I pray against all detours set up by our enemy Satan, in Yeshua's name destroy the fortresses of Satan in the lives of those longing to be touched by your Love and grace, and by your hand.
In Yeshua's Holy name, Amen.


0 Responses to “How can the unknowledgable lead?”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


Name:
Location: Brattleboro, Vermont, United States

Graduated college with a BA in Graphic Design. Married my wonderful wife on July 30th of the same year (we met in college) after over 2.5 years of courtship. Always been interested in computers and web sites. Computers always seem to like me too, either that or I just tend to time my arrival to help people right when the problems resolve themselves :P Accepted Christ as my personal Savior Nov. 14th 2002. Still growing best I can in my faith.

Previous posts

Archives

Links


Powered by Blogger